Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Break

My mom's 50 th birthday was earlier this month and unfortunately since I live in Dallas, I
was not able to celebrate with her. However, when I was home for Thanksgiving this past weekend, my brother, sister, and I made a delicious dinner for her. We prepared everything for her and sat her down to a dinner with a 1958 theme (hence the year she was born).


Dinner consisted of a yummy salad my brother and I created that I recommend you try: leafy lettuce, carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sliced roasted almonds, feta cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette.

My brother grilled delicious rib-eyes while I made sweet potato fries, spaghetti squash, and crescent rolls.



I did some researching on the year 1958 and found important events, hit songs, popular movies, famous people's b-days, etc. and decorated the dining room with all my findings.

F.Y.I. here are some of the things I stumbled upon:

The peace symbol was designed and created

Elvis was inducted into the U.S. Army

Sputnik fell to earth

VISA/AMEX were introduced




These were the beautiful cupcakes my sister made for dessert. She got the idea from a book that has fabulous decorating cupcake ideas. We used airheads, twizzlers, and M&Ms to make them look like Christmas ornaments.



We wanted to give back to my mom for ALL that she has given us. She is the most selfless person I know and she deserves all this and more! We had such a good time together and ended the night perfectly with a Christmas movie.

No comments: